Current:Home > NewsBuckingham Palace staff under investigation for 'bar brawl' -ProfitLogic
Buckingham Palace staff under investigation for 'bar brawl'
Fastexy Exchange View
Date:2025-04-06 10:44:43
LONDON - Buckingham Palace said Friday it would investigate staff working for Britain's royal family following an after-party, which the Sun reported ended in a "punch-up" and "bar brawl."
Workers attended an early evening reception at Buckingham Palace before heading to a nearby bar to carry on the celebrations.
But their partying got out of hand, and police were called "after glasses were hurled and punches thrown," the Sun said.
Buckingham Palace said on Friday that palace officials were aware of an incident which had taken place outside the workplace following a reception at the official London residence of King Charles.
"While this was an informal social gathering, not an official Palace Christmas party, the facts will be fully investigated, with a robust disciplinary process followed in relation to individual staff and appropriate action taken," Buckingham Palace said in a statement.
Need a break?Play the USA TODAY Daily Crossword Puzzle.
Rough year for royals
News of the investigation comes against the backdrop of a tumultuous year for the royal family marked by illness and strained relations with Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan, who now reside in America.
Princess Kate announced earlier this year that she had been diagnosed with cancer, following a months-long public (and tabloid) fever about her whereabouts. After undergoing a course of preventative chemotherapy, the princess returned to royal duties, helping to share the workload with King Charles, who revealed his own cancer diagnosis in February, and Queen Camilla, who has been intermittently ill.
Princess Kate offers rare commenton 'challenging' year at Christmas concert
Meanwhile, across the pond, Harry and Meghan are locked in a number of legal battles with British publishers. The trial with Rupert Murdoch's News Group Newspapers, whom they are suing over phone hacking and illegally obtaining medical records, is expected to kick off in the coming weeks.
Contributing: Anna Kaufman, USA TODAY
Disclaimer: The copyright of this article belongs to the original author. Reposting this article is solely for the purpose of information dissemination and does not constitute any investment advice. If there is any infringement, please contact us immediately. We will make corrections or deletions as necessary. Thank you.
veryGood! (89758)
Related
- Have Dry, Sensitive Skin? You Need To Add These Gentle Skincare Products to Your Routine
- Rashida Tlaib censured by Congress. What does censure mean?
- In-n-Out announces expansion to New Mexico by 2027: See future locations
- ‘Greed and corruption': Federal jury convicts veteran DEA agents in bribery conspiracy
- Trump wants to turn the clock on daylight saving time
- Kenya says it won’t deploy police to fight gangs in Haiti until they receive training and funding
- Clash between Constitutional and appeals courts raises concerns over rule of law in Turkey
- 8 dead after suspected human smuggler crashes in Texas
- Justice Department, Louisville reach deal after probe prompted by Breonna Taylor killing
- These Under $100 Kate Spade Early Black Friday Deals Are Too Good To Resist
Ranking
- Buckingham Palace staff under investigation for 'bar brawl'
- Man receives the first eye transplant plus a new face. It’s a step toward one day restoring sight
- Rashida Tlaib censured by Congress. What does censure mean?
- Powell reinforces Fed’s cautious approach toward further interest rate hikes
- Intellectuals vs. The Internet
- Karlie Kloss Says She Still Gets Trolled for 2019 Camp Met Gala Look
- Apple hits setback in dispute with European Union over tax case
- Cleaning agent found in the bottled drink that sickened a man and triggered alarm in Croatia
Recommendation
Federal appeals court upholds $14.25 million fine against Exxon for pollution in Texas
Hockey Player Adam Johnson Honored at Memorial After His Tragic Death
After Ohio vote, advocates in a dozen states are trying to put abortion on 2024 ballots
Scott Boras tells MLB owners to 'take heed': Free agents win World Series titles
Selena Gomez engaged to Benny Blanco after 1 year together: 'Forever begins now'
Iceland’s Blue Lagoon spa closes temporarily as earthquakes put area on alert for volcanic eruption
After Ohio vote, advocates in a dozen states are trying to put abortion on 2024 ballots
Father of Liverpool striker Luis Díaz released after his kidnapping in Colombia by ELN guerrillas